Dossier items to be completed by the referee:
- Confidential letters of recommendation submitted electronically to the Society by two referees.
Dossier items to be completed by the candidate:
- Completed application form
- Curriculum vitae
- Writing sample
- Research proposal
- $30 Application fee
The application deadline is Tuesday, September 30, 2014, 1:00PM EDT
Details of Dossier Items
- Confidential letters of reference from no more than two referees should be submitted in PDF format as instructed by the applicant.
- Letterhead is preferred
- Letter should be addressed to: Professor Donald Lopez
The application form will be available July 8, 2014.
For the department(s) entry please designate the academic department(s) you would expect to be affiliated with at the University of Michigan. This is usually the department of your Ph.D. and the department(s) in which you are qualified to teach.
Please include the following information:
- Name and location of colleges
- Graduate and professional schools attended, as well as dates of attendance and degrees earned
- Relevant business or professional experience
- Academic honors
- Languages read, spoken, and written
The sample should be a chapter or article not to exceed 40 pages, including all footnotes, endnotes and images.
Research Proposal for the Fellowship Term
This proposal, up to three double-spaced pages, should outline the methods and aims of research beyond your thesis or other work resulting in your last degree. Please keep in mind that your project proposal will be read by non-specialists, as well as by specialists in your field. Proposals that involve more than one discipline and/or demonstrate interdisciplinary approaches are especially welcome.
Letters of Recommendation
Two letters of recommendation are required from scholars who are able to describe from personal knowledge your qualifications for teaching undergraduates and for conducting post-doctoral research. These letters must be submitted directly to the Society. You will receive an email message from the Society when your application is complete and your letters of recommendation have been submitted.